Well, a bit has happened in the two months since I posted last and yes it has been probably seven months since we have really posted. But there was a reason for all of that, and really I am probably just talking to myself since I am pretty sure that there might be a total of four people who really read this blog/grandparents who get on and look at the pictures of their darling grandchildren and skim over the mindless drawl of this gal and a certain aunt who is no longer able to read and comment here due to her committing to serve full time as an ecclesiastical missionary for our church. But in due time I will catch up since this is where I journal our family adventures, and journaling has been very important to me for a long time (over 16 years… gasp…I am that old).
Yes, I put in the picture of the darlings that everyone really wants to see. But like I said this blog is for the journaling of our family adventures, and so now I will journal.
The last two months have been WONDERFUL!!! And I mean that with all my heart.
Yes, I was scared spitless (not sure what that statement truly means, but I am pretty sure that is a good description) to move. I had wonderful friends who had time and time again lifted me up during dark times and helped me keep afloat. I had finally started coming out of my shy little shell and was becoming a more active part of our church. And most importantly I had formed a very close and dear friendship with my most amazing sister-in-law. I just didn’t want to let go of such things.
But we knew this was right, so we moved forward. After a few minor hiccups, we got here and it has been excellent. I have not been blogging or picture taking or anything because I have been living and enjoying life NOW. I have never seen my children more happy (except Ryker is begging to see his buddy Dallas every single day). They are playing together, and working together, and becoming great friends. I am certain Michelle has never been this happy and lively. She runs, plays, imagines, and is just plain silly all the time now. Ryker is becoming everything a wild, independent, mischievous three year old should be. And my babies (can I still call them that since they are officially over a year old) are growing so big and healthy. Someone held Luke at church the other day and called him a tank. Can you believe that? One of my children?
There is the saying that when God closes a door, He opens a window. I feel like I was a silly fly that was trying to fly out the window that was actually shut when He was standing at the wide open door work His hardest to wave me out. Yep, I am that dense, but eventually I learn. I have struggled and prayed that I might feel peace in my soul for a very long time. And since moving here, I feel a calmness that I have rarely experienced. And even though I greatly miss all those wonderful things, I am enjoying this moment in time.
p.s. the blog title comes from one of my all time favorite movies, who doesn’t love Billy Crystal as an old medieval doctor.
11 comments:
I love seeing your family playing together on a beach. But a warm sunny day in February??!! "We are not in 'Idaho' anymore Toto" So happy you have found a paradise where all of you can thrive. ENJOY
I'm so happy you posted. I think about you almost every day and miss you! Knowing that you are happy and at peace is so wonderful. I am so happy for you and your amazing family! I can't wait to come and visit - and we really are going to - this summer!
I LOVE, love, LOVE this post. I have been waiting to hear how the move went. I feel like I always say this about your family, but you ROCK. No joke. I really admire you guys. I'm glad you are getting settled and that everyone is happy. Thanks for the wonderful update!
I read your blog, and I am soooo happy that you guys are doing well! Reed was talking about you today, and cursing himself for not getting over there in time before you left.
So glad this has been a happy move! Love to you all, and keep posting!
I am comment 5 so there's proof you have at least more than 4 readers. :) I am SO happy for you guys. Just let me know when I can come live with you.
Thank you so much for your thoughts. We love and miss you guys. And yes we are part of the "few" that follow your blog faithfully. We are so happy for you to have found the peace in your life. Love the picture. We hope to someday be in one of those pictures with your family.
Apparently more people follow your blog then you think. Me being one of them! Love the picture! The kids are so cute!
Wohoo! I am so happy that you guys are doing so well. No one deserves it more than you!
I am so happy everything is going so well. It is good to hear you soooo happy and loving life so much! You guys deserve a break in life and a chance to just live! We love and miss you tons, but are sooo very, very happy for you.
I think about you guys all the time. I am glad you are doing so well. Hopefully at the end of the summer, we can plan a vacation to come visit :)
LOVE THIS POST!!! So glad to see you only mostly dead. :)
Thanks for the kind words. We sure miss you guys like crazy over here. Wish we would've done more things together. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Happy to see you guys so happy. I loved the update and can't wait to see more photos.
We want to visit so bad-must find some free time on both ends so we can see your new place and you can show off the beach.
love you!
Post a Comment